- McCoy Tree Farm Video
- Spectrum of Erosion Controls Brochure from WHOI SEAGRANT / Cape Cod Cooperative Extension
- DRAFT Guidelines for Permitting Shoreline Structures on Freshwater Lakes and Ponds in the Pleasant Bay Area of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC)
- Conservation Land Stewardship June-July Newsletter - CLICK HERE
- Conservation Land Stewardship Spring Newsletter - CLICK HERE
- Conservation Land Stewardship Winter Newsletter - CLICK HERE
- Q & A on Purchasing Coastal Real Estate in Massachusetts
The Conservation Division primarily provides staff support to the Chatham Conservation Commission who is responsible for administering both the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act (M.G.L. Ch131, s 40), its regulations (310 CMR) and the Chatham Wetlands Protection Bylaw (Chapter 272) and the Chatham Wetlands Protection Regulations. The Conservation Division staff is available to answer questions regarding wetlands protection and the permitting process, and can assist an applicant with completing a permit application. Click here for filing instructions.
The Chatham Conservation Commission is a volunteer board of 7 citizens of Chatham who are appointed to three year terms by the Board of Selectmen. In addition there are 3 associate member positions. (If you are interested in serving your community in this manner, please contact the Selectmen's Office or the conservation office.)
The Conservation Division also supports efforts of the Conservation Commission in the oversight of town-owned conservation lands.
- To find out about Town of Chatham-owned conservation properties and what's happening, see the Town of Chatham Conservation Land website.
- Conservation Properties & Trail Maps - Find out the latest information on Conservation Properties, View Trail Maps, Read Land Management Plans.
- Rolf E. Sylvan Gardens Land Management Plan Update & Photos
- Conservation Land Stewardship Program & Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Lovers Lake & Stillwater Pond Watershed Management Plan
- Visit us on Facebook
- See the video of the November 16th 2013 program - "Protecting Our Water Resources - An Ecological Approach to Land Care and Design" featuring Rick Darke CLICK HERE
- Wildland Fire Protection and Preparedness Plans