We strive to accurately assess property, provide prompt and courteous help to the public. We hope you will find answers to the topics on our website; however, we welcome you to contact us if you would like any more information.
The Assessors' Office is responsible for determining the full and fair market value of all properties in Chatham as of January 1st every year per Massachusetts General Law. We maintain a complete database of all properties, their owners, and their assessments. In addition to the Real Property Valuations, the Assessing department determines the values for Personal Property accounts, as well as processing the Motor Vehicle Excise and maintain the Boat Excise Tax file. Our Office accepts and processes abatement requests for Motor Vehicle, Boat Excise, Real Property, Personal Property taxes as well as applications for statutory exemptions and real estate tax deferrals.
- Property Tax Deferral Clause 41A Brochure (PDF)
- 2022 Fiscal Year Newsletter for Senior Tax Exemption Clause 41C (PDF)
- 2022 Fiscal Year Senior Tax Exemption Clauses 41C, 41D Form (PDF)
- Tax Exemptions Seniors Clauses 41, 41B, 41C, 41C½ Brochure (PDF)
- Application for Community Preservation Act Exemption Chapter 44B (PDF)