Firearms Licensing Information
Renewal Applicants Only:
Please complete the Firearms License Application. The link is above or you can obtain a blank copy at the Police Station. Once the application is completed and signed please contact Sgt. Christopher Vardakis for an appointment to submit your application. The standard fee is $100. If you are age 70 or over the fee is waived. (The fee is waived if your current license expires on your 70th birthday) We accept checks made out to "Town of Chatham" or cash if you are dropping it off in person. If you submit your renewal application prior to the expiration of your current license then you current license will remain active until the new license is issued. When the new license is issued you will be notified and it can then be picked up in person at the station at any time. If you have any questions please email Sgt. Vardakis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the Firearms License Application. The link is above or you can obtain a blank copy at the Police Station. You are also required to complete a Massachusetts Approved Basic Firearms Safety Class. Once you have completed the class You will need the following to apply:
- Completed copy of the application form (link above)
- Copy of the basic firearms safety class certificate
- Check or cash for the application fee
- Standard application $100
- FID under the age or 18 $25
- Naturalized citizens will need to provide a copy of their naturalization certificate or a copy of their valid US Passport as proof of citizenship
- Green Card holders must provide a copy of their Green Card as part of the application process.
Please contact Sgt. Christopher Vardakis for an appointment to submit your application.
To learn more information about the types of licenses, requirements, and disqualifications for each one please review the 2021 Firearms Licensing information (PDF).