Water & Sewer Division
Irrigation System Survey
Please complete the Town of Chatham Irrigation System Survey.
Completing the survey will assist us in updating our records and ensuring that all irrigation systems are registered and metered in compliance with the Water Department's Rules and Regulations.
Water Conservation Measures Rescinded:
On April 11, 2023, at their regularly scheduled meeting, the Select Board acting as Water and Sewer Commissioners, voted to rescind ALL water conservation and outdoor watering restrictions as last voted on September 20, 2022.. Read the full release here.
FAQs below referenced from the MassDEP Fact Sheet - PFAS in Drinking Water
- What are PFAS and how are people exposed to them?
- What is the Massachusetts drinking water standard?
- What health effects are associated with exposure to PFAS6?
- How can I find out about contaminants in my drinking water?
- What options should be considered when PFAS6 in drinking water is above MassDEP’s drinking water standard?
Water Service Applications
Applications for new, renewal, and changes to water service, are available at the Water Department. Two to three weeks notice is necessary for new services, seasonal turn on/off, road marking. Applications to the Sewer Bank are also available at the Water Department.
Online Sewer Permitting
- Water Conservation Measures - June 21, 2022 (PDF)
- Outdoor Watering Ban Modified 05-12-22 (PDF)
- Outdoor Watering Ban Reaffirmation - April 13, 2022 (PDF)
- Water Department Drinking Water Public Education June 9, 2021 (PDF)
- Cross Connection Control & Backflow Prevention (PDF)
- Handy Tips to Conserve Water (PDF)
- Irrigation Meter Procedure (PDF)
- Irrigation Systems & Swimming Pool Regulations (PDF)
- Licensed Utility Contractor List 2023 (PDF)
- Public Water Supply Wells (PDF)
- Sewer Department Rules & Regulations (PDF)
- Sewer Do's & Don'ts (PDF)
- Source Water Assessment & Protection (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Rates Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Water Department Rules & Regulations (PDF)