The Chatham Health Division and Board of Health enforce Massachusetts General Laws, State Environmental and Sanitary Codes, and Town of Chatham Bylaws and Regulations. The Health Division has the primary responsibility of protecting and improving the public health and well-being of the Chatham community. The enforcement and inspection activities ensure a safe and healthy environment in which to live and work.
The Health Division accomplishes this through the following key activities:
- Researching, planning, evaluating, and developing programs, policies and procedures
- Permitting and inspection of septic systems
- Licensing and inspection of restaurants, inns, motels, pools, beaches, recreational camps
- Education and consultation
- Sponsoring Public Health Clinics such as vaccines and blood pressure
- Environmental compliance Investigation and enforcement
- Communicable disease reporting and follow up
- Public health emergency planning
- Food safety investigation and enforcement
- Housing code inspection and enforcement
- Tobacco Control
- Animal control and inspections
- Building, Zoning, and Planning Board application review and comment
Paxlovid Telehealth Appointments
Telehealth is available for individuals 18 or older who are positive for COVID-19, experiencing symptoms, and currently living in Massachusetts. This service is not for medical emergencies or for individuals who are pregnant. If you are experiencing a medical emergency like having trouble breathing, please call 9-1-1.
Evusheld helps prevent COVID-19 in people whose bodies have trouble making antibodies.
Concerned about Lead in drinking water? See more information about lead in water.
Safe Disposal of Unused Medications
Safely dispose of unused medications at the Chatham Police Station.
Want to help during an emergency? Find more information at Medical Reserve Corps.
- DRAFT Sewer Regulation_5_2_22
- DRAFT_Subsurface Sewage Disposal regs_5_2_22
- Coyotes in Chatham (PDF)
- Emergency Ready Guide (PDF)
- Engineer Variance Checklist (PDF)
- Variance Application (PDF)
- Engineers and Sanitarians (PDF)
- FAQs Concerning Rabies (PDF)
- Food Safety During an Emergency (PDF)
- Guide to Fertilizer Use (PDF)
- Hazardous Waste Collections - 2022
- Medical Marijuana Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Mercury Products - Don't Trash Them, Recycle Them (PDF)
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection (PDF)
- Sewer Connection Regulation 2011 (PDF)
- Subsurface Disposal (septic) Regulations (PDF)
- Tobacco Control Regulation (PDF)
- Town of Chatham Plastic Bag Ban January 1, 2017 (PDF)
- Volunteer Chatham Medical Review Corps (MRC) (PDF)