Request a Ride
Transportation for Chatham Residents:
- Call 508-945-5190 for more information.
- The COA currently offers free grocery and pharmacy delivery for Chatham residents.
- Click here for complete Transportation Program Policies.
- Cape Cod RTA DART (Dial-A-Ride-Trans.) available 8am-5pm Monday to Friday; call 1-800-352-7155.
- Cape Cod RTA, Boston Area Hospitals Monday to Friday 8am-5pm. For info & reservations call 1-800-325-7155.
- If you are need of assistance in paying for transportation, please call the COA at 508-945-5190.
*Help Wanted ~ Intermittent COA Bus Driver
The COA is prioritizing transportation to medical appointments as one of the next steps in the scaling up of services. In order to meet this demand, we have immediate need of qualified bus drivers. Do you know an experienced driver who might be interested? Encourage them to apply! The Town of Chatham seeks a qualified individual to fill a part-time Bus Driver position for the COA. Join a tight-knit team that is passionate about serving our community of older adults and their caregivers.
The ideal candidate will have a customer-service oriented approach and positive attitude. Utilizing COA buses and van, the driver provides door-to-door transportation for medical appointments, adult day programming, shopping and COA services. Hours are variable and will be 19 hours or less, 8am-4pm Mon-Fri; position is “intermittent employee” status. A valid Massachusetts driver’s license with an excellent driving record is required along with the ability to work independently and be flexible to adjust to the needs of the COA.
The position will require a Department of Transportation physical along with CPR and AED certifications, which the COA will provide. Additionally, drivers are subject to drug and alcohol screening and training as required by Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority. While the position is not eligible for benefits, there are other rewards that come from working with our diverse and grateful clientele!
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Attention: Megan Downey, HR/Benefits Administrator.