- Community Services
- Preschool & Childcare Programs
Preschool & Childcare Programs
Dr. Florence Seldin Family Support Program
The Dr. Florence Seldin Program started in memoriam to Florence's steadfast approach to education. Florence earned her PH.D. in education at the University of Rochester, was a principal in Pittsfield New York, and a superintendent of schools in Harvard, MA. After moving to Chatham, she served on the Chatham Select Board from 2009 to 2015 and was also the vice-chair of the Town's Finance Committee.
The program is a wonderful initiative that honors Dr. Seldin's commitment to education and her dedication to serving her community. By providing financial assistance for preschool and childcare, the program ensures that all children in Chatham have access to high-quality early childhood education, regardless of their family's financial situation. This can have a significant impact on a child's development and future success in school and beyond. It's inspiring to see how Dr. Seldin's legacy lives on through this important program.
- You are a Chatham resident and can provide proof of your residency.
- Your child is either aged 3 or 4 years old by August 31st of the school year and lives with you.
- You can provide a copy of your child’s original birth certificate.
- The licensed preschool has agreed to be a vendor.
For More Information
- Dr. Florence Seldin Family Support Program FAQ (PDF)
- Dr. Florence Seldin Family Support Program Application (PDF)
- Family Support Program in Brazilian Portuguese - Folheto de Apoio à Família (PDF)
- Family Support Program in Spanish - Folleto de Apoyo Familiar (PDF)
*Photograph taken by the Cape Cod Chronicle
Childcare Voucher Program
What is it?
A childcare financial assistance fund intended to help local, working families with their childcare expenses. This Chatham community resource offers temporary, short term assistance with childcare costs for qualifying families, especially those families experiencing unexpected or extraordinary situations that are impacting their ability to pay for their MA licensed childcare arrangements.
While there is no cut-off for income eligibility, income is one of the factors considered in the application review process and accurate income documentation and verification are required.
- Open to year-round Chatham residents or individuals employed in the town of Chatham.
- Awards vary upon need and availability of funds.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Awards may be used only with MA licensed childcare providers
For More Information
- Childcare Voucher Program FAQs & Application Packet FY 2023 (PDF)
- Contact Monomoy Community Services at 508-945-1501