New Senior Center Project
A facilitated community forum will be held in place of the Select Board meeting on November 9th to solicit public input about a new senior center. The session will begin at 6:30p.m. The public is welcome to attend the forum at the Chatham Town Hall Annex, 261 George Ryder Street, or participate virtually by video or call-in (+1 508-945-4410, phone conference ID: 286 925 281#). Those attending in-person must wear masks in the meeting room.
The forum will be moderated by Brad Schiff, President of Pierce-Cote, a cape-based marketing/communications firm. Five questions will be posed to the public to solicit feedback from all participants. Each participant will have three minutes to voice their opinion, concerns, and/or suggestions on next steps for a senior center. The forum questions are:
- Do you want a new senior center in Chatham? Why or why not?
- What were the lessons learned from the previous proposed senior center sites which were not approved? What can we do better this time?
- Where should a new Chatham senior center be located? What is your reasoning?
- What type of new programming and amenities would you like to see at the senior center?
- What else would you like us to know about the new senior center?
The public is encouraged to email comments on the questions or the community forum to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Public comments will be accepted via email until Friday, November 12, 2021 at 5:00p.m.
Comments may also be submitted through the Community Voice portal of the Town’s website. For background on history of the senior center project, go to the New Senior Center Project webpage for summaries, resources, and specific meeting materials.
The input received during this forum will be compiled for the Select Board’s consideration at a later meeting, informing their decision on next steps to take regarding a senior center.