- Town Meeting Central
Town Meeting Central
Town Meeting Overview
The Town of Chatham has an Open Town Meeting form of government meaning that any registered voter may vote at Town Meeting. Town Meeting is the legislative body of the Town. It convenes, at least annually at the time and place designated by the Select Board. Town Meeting considers and adopts an annual operating budget. It also considers and acts upon other matters which require Town Meeting action such as zoning changes, street acceptances, by-law additions and amendments. The business of each Town Meeting is contained in a document known as "the Warrant" which includes all matters on which the Town will act. The Warrant is mailed to all registered in advance of the Town Meeting. Articles are inserted in the Warrant by the Select Board and by Citizen Petition. The order of the articles is determined by the Select Board.
Annual Town Meeting – Saturday, May 6th @ 9:30 a.m. (Monomoy Middle School, 425 Crowell Road)
- Watch the 2023 Annual Town Meeting OnDemand
- Team Chatham has worked to produce the 2023 Annual Town Meeting Warrant Preview show which will be aired on local Channel 18 is available to watch on 18's YouTube Channel here.
- This year the Town will utilize an electronic voting system! Watch Town Moderator, William Litchfield, explain the system in this Public Service Announcement (PSA).
- View Town Meeting Documents below.
Annual Town Election – Thursday, May 11th Polls are open: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Chatham Community Center, 702 Main Street)
*Deadline to Register to Vote for Both Events was Wednesday, April 26th
- 2023 Annual Town Meeting (May 6, 2023)
- 2022 Annual Town Meeting
- 2021 Special Town Meeting (October 23, 2021)
- 2021 Annual Town Meeting (June 12, 2021)
- 2020 Special Town Meeting (October 3, 2020)
- 2020 Annual Town Meeting (June 22, 2020)
- 2020 Special Town Meeting (March 7, 2020)
- 2020 Special Town Meeting (January 4, 2020)
- 2019 Annual Town Meeting
- 2018 Annual Town Meeting
- 2017 Annual Town Meeting
- 2017 Special Town Meeting
- 2016 Annual Town Meeting
- 2015 Annual Town Meeting
- 2014 Annual Town Meeting
- 2013 Annual Town Meeting
- 2013 Special Town Meeting
- 2012 Annual Town Meeting
2023 Annual Town Meeting
- 2023 Question 1 Debt Exclusion Following Article 18 Defeat (PDF)
- Annual Town Meeting (ATM) Article Index Scorecard Spring 2023 Unofficial Results 5.6.23 (PDF)
- 2023 Annual Town Meeting Warrant (PDF)
- Annual Town Meeting (ATM) Article Index Scorecard Spring 2023 Final (PDF)
- Proposed Changes to MRSD Regional Agreement (PDF)
- Proposed Changes to MRSD Regional Agreement Clean(PDF)
Special Town Meeting -
October 23, 2021 at 9:30 A.M. *Rain/Weather Date has been Implemented - New Date/Time: Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 1:00 P.M. - Veterans Field - 1 Veterans Field Road, Chatham MA 02633 - Additional Parking at the Community Center, 702 Main Street.
*A quorum of 100 voters is needed for attendance.
Please Note this is an outdoor assembly, so prepare for variable conditions.
Printed Warrants are available at the Town Offices/Vestibule (549 Main Street), the Town Offices Annex (261 George Ryder Road), and the Eldredge Public Library (564 Main Street).
Thank you to the 223 Town voters that attended the 10/24 Special Town Meeting. The meeting ended at 1:19 P.M. and all three articles were approved unanimously. The scorecard is available below.
- Special Town Meeting Warrant - October 24, 2021 (PDF)
- Special Town Meeting Scorecard - October 24, 2021 (PDF)
View Water Quality updates and other information regarding Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)
- 2018 Town Appraisal of 1610/0 Main Street $745,000 (PDF)
- 2019 Town Appraisal of 1610/0 Main Street $775,000 (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2021 Preliminary Assessed Value 1610/0 Main Street $503,900 (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions on Articles 4 and 5 (PDF)
- Offer to Purchase Agreement of 1610/0 Main Street $750,000 with 2020 ATM Contingencies (PDF)
- Special Town Meeting Scorecard (PDF)
- Special Town Meeting Warrant January 4, 2020 (PDF)
- 2018 Annual Town Meeting Article Listing Scorecard (PDF)
- 2018 Annual Town Meeting Article Vote Certification (PDF)
- 2018 Annual Town Meeting Warrant (PDF)
- Article 43 Bridge Street Landing - Sketch of Proposed Purchase (PDF)
- Article 48 Watershed Permit Pilot Project - Draft Targeted Watershed Management Plan (TWMP), March 26, 2018 (PDF)
- Article 48 Watershed Permit Pilot Project - Draft Watershed Permit, March 23, 2018 (PDF)
- Article 48 Watershed Permit Pilot Project - Intermunicipal Agreement (IMA), March 23, 2018 (PDF)
- Article 48 Watershed Permit Pilot Project Draft Transmittal Letter to Department of Environmental Protection, March 22, 2018 (PDF)
- Article 49 Pleasant Bay Aliance - Resource Management Plan 2018 Update, March 2018 (PDF)
- Article 49 Pleasant Bay Alliance - Memorandum of Agreement (PDF)